Empty vessel 34567123


I want you more than I have you.
I want poetry more than I am poetic.
Where are you, muse?

I want to speak,
but I have nothing to say.
A backwards handicap...
a disease in reverse.

Worse than the poet who says nothing,
is the poet who has nothing to say.
I want you, Beloved, but I am without
inspiration
to bring you forth.

I am mundane.
My devices lose their function...
my reaching mind is but an appendix 
without function.
I am the carcass
without life.

Breathe life into me, muse.
Fill my cup that I may quench.
Bring the Beloved unto me
that I may send him forth.
I turn the mirror to its function...
alas, there is no light.
I am a mirror in the dark.

Give me light.

There is no light.
There is no reflection.

I am a flower 
in a world that knows 
no color.

Comments