Heaps of Ash

 

LORD God,

What will become of my days before you?
What have you purposed for my soul in the pages of your book?
All my years are poured out before you as heaps of ash from the altar...
Is there any spark of truth in me?
Am I consumed and spent, to be washed into the open dirt?

Lord, will your faithfulness guide me into all truth?
Will my longing for righteousness be satiated?
Oh, LORD God, who is righteous before you?
Who utters what is right and orders all his steps before you?

Lord, may I boast in your mercy!

Am I reproved only to fear your majesty and want for soundness of days,
all the portion of life you have allotted me?
Oh how I groan in my belly to be precious and pure in your eyes!
Why and for what should I move beyond your altar,
when only your blood gives me rest before you?

Lord, if the promise of the Father has fallen here,
why am I in such want for good and proper order?
I fear every breath betrays your power
and the power in which you call me to walk.

Oh, Glory of Life, Word of Truth and Majestic Radiant One,
why are the waves of your warmth so far from me?

Let me know the power of your voice and set me right before you!

Comments